Thursday, November 29, 2012

a mini feast

photo(1) photo(4) photo(5) photo(2)2 photo(3)

This year James and I celebrated Thanksgiving with our second annual mini feast. Instead of turkey, we make two cornish game hens along with the traditional fixings and of course, mini apple pies. Needless to say, I was stuffed. For days.

Although James works retail and had to leave shortly after dinner to go to work Black Friday, I am very thankful that we were able to spend the day together. This year has been all kinds of crazy, fantastic, and special, bang-your-head-against-the-wall moments sprinkled with ups and downs that are never short of laughs and entertainment. BUT I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I hope everyone was able to have a special holiday last week. Being able to spend time relaxing with as many (or not many) loved ones is what I love most about this season. Everyone has a different situation and although our family is too far away to see during the holidays, we know that our hearts are with them and their hearts are with us.

xoxohannah