Sunday, September 1, 2013

the end... of august

Monsters Inc Birthday

While it has been pretty quiet around here during the month of August it has actually been a busy month in the real world. August is my birthday month... wooo! Another year bites the dust. James and I celebrated and kept it fairly simple. I'm not a fancy-schmancy party person and honestly, I stayed home and organized the house. It was AWESOME :)

Birthday Present Wrapping, Peacock Notebook, Organized Bookshelf & Lizard Stapler, Anthropologie

So between celebrating my birthday, organizing the house and using my new peacock notebook to get going on blogging again I also said goodbye to our intern at work. She was awesome, hilarious and a nerdy at heart just like me. She gave me this adorable lizard stapler as a going away present and it is sitting on my desk as a little reminder. I hope that someday I can work with her again. Good luck to next year's intern, she'll be hard to beat!

Getting Healthy, Booty Sweat, Working out, P90X

Another thing that has been going on this month is a renewed motivation for taking care of myself. If you have followed for a long time it really isn't a surprise that this comes in waves. I decided to start on P90X again and as you can see, it's working! lol I totally hashtagged this picture on Instagram with #bootysweat. I couldn't help myself, it happens.

Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3 Cupcake Toppers

Besides being my own birthday month I also share August with two coworkers and my nephew, Brayden, among many other friends and acquaintances. My sister-in-law asked me to help with his birthday party and while shipping a cake to Florida would not be a good idea, making cupcake toppers was definitely an option! I think that I hit the Toy Story 3 theme right on the head. It felt good to be back to making art with fondant. It has been 2.5 years and I'm glad I didn't lose the knack.

DC Weather, Northern Virginia Weather, Rainbow, Ovvio

I really wanted it to be a double rainbow. Nuff said :)

Abe Update, French Bulldog, Puppy, Frenglish, English Bulldog, Freelance Bulldog

Abe. Oh Abe. Isn't he adorable? August has been a rough month for this kiddo. Not that his life is ever hard but in doggy-world, it was a doozy. We were gone more than usual on the weekends plus the normal week day schedule. Lots of organizing and furniture rearranging turned his world upside down. Lastly, it was finally decided that Abe has outgrown his dog bed. Obviously he was hiding his face in shame at just how much he has outgrown it. Can you believe that this was 5 months ago?

All in all, it was a great month. How was your August? Are you ready for fall or would you hold onto summer forever?

xoxohannah

No comments :

Post a Comment