Thursday, April 26, 2012

that's what makes you beautiful

originally posted on A Cup of Subtle Tea
photo

It’s amazing what a pop boy band song can get you thinking about during your morning workout.

I’ll be the first to admit that I haven’t always (and sometimes still don’t) have a positive body image. Don’t worry I’m not about to get all serious with ya because I’m about to blame it all on mirrors. Haha

Let’s be honest… I’m not the only person to ever think this. I always look better in mirrors at the gym than, say, the ones in my bathroom and I almost always look worse in a mirror at the store than the ones at home.

Last night I finally caved and bought “That’s What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction {along with some other, not so embarrassing, song genres haha}. So when I was working out this morning and the song came on it really got me thinking about “what makes me feel beautiful”…

Here’s a list of some things that ‘make me feel beautiful’:

- Gym mirrors {obviously}
- The way James looks at me
- Being so sore that I can’t move after a workout
- Flowers
- Pencil skirts & blouses
- Painted fingers and toes
- Not having to paint my own fingers and toes
- Dancing around the house to boy bands when no one is watching
- Dancing around the house to boy bands even when James is watching
- His sweet kisses on my forehead
- Drinking enough water
- Remembering that I’m healthy, happy and living a life that I’m proud of.


What makes you feel beautiful?
If you post about it, please leave a link in the comments so I can check it out!

xoxohannah

No comments :

Post a Comment