Wednesday, September 12, 2012

inspiration + life = balance

09_12_2012
[click image for pinterest sources]

Lately I have been in a funk. Unmotivated. Uninspired. Un-fun, about almost everything (I'm clearly exaggerating. I'm totally fun.)

For the longest time I've thought that once I got my personal life straightened out that it will be easier for me to focus on the rest, but this simply isn't true. I'm quickly learning that balance isn't perfect. More importantly, it isn't always possible. I can't expect to juggle a full-time job, a part-time freelance design business, 2+ hour daily traffic commute, 1.5 hours of exercise per day, being a loving spouse, a friend, errands and alone time in just 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Oh yea, I forgot to mention 8 hours of sleep! Nothing is perfect and the perfectionist in me has a hard time swallowing that pill. Life brings inspiration. Inspiration brings life. Somewhere in the middle is a way to balance it all. I'm working towards it and I'm okay that this is a lifetime goal, not a present tense goal.

After spending the weekend dedicated to design projects I truly felt a surge. A surge of energy, inspiration, and excitement about, well, everything. Fall is approaching here(ish) and there are so many exciting things happening this season for James and I that I have no excuses to not be present and enjoying every moment.

So when I found this print on Pinterest, something about it just breathed calm and peace which is exactly what I need to keep going right now. I've also been on a very rustic, wood grain kick lately. Don't ask. Blame fall.

xoxohannah

1 comment :